Monday, June 11, 2007

Not Shedding My ...

Spare tire.

This morning I was supposed to wake up at 6 and go for a run. Was. What a big fat joke, in more ways than one.

At 7 a.m., the first plane of 50 or so that roar from the airport in my back yard each day served as my alarm clock, as usual.

So much for my split-second motivation to lose the 15 pounds I shed running a while back, then packed on after getting lazy and quitting.

There's always tomorrow. I think I'll start with actually remembering to set the alarm.

The idea of soon donning my tankini on a SoCal beach, without the accompanying fugly mom-skirt shrouding my thunder thighs, should be motivation enough.

It's better to expose my body image issues here than in front of my daughter, who I want to feel confident no matter her shape or size.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger Em said...

Getting motivated to do anything at 6AM is almost impossible. I wish you luck tomorrow!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Lara said...

i agree - i prefer to see 6am if and only if i'm still up from the night before. :-P

btw, if you have a spare moment in the day, pop over to my place - i'd be interested in your thoughts on the current subject.

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've been promising myself for about two years that I would start rising at 5 a.m. to take an exercise class before work. I think this has happened, so far, twice.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger CroutonBoy said...

working out in the morning is a good idea. But getting past the idea part is hard. Any that idea always comes to me at night, not when I'm lying there all curled up and comfy under the covers.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Mama Sarita said...

Uggh I am supposed to meet a girlfriend in an hour and a half to go to the gym. I am having wicked cramps and I wonder if my 15 year old self is just trying to dodge gym class....again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home