Sunday, June 10, 2007

Rope Under the Microscope

Me: How was kindergarten field day today, kiddo? Did you dig the park?

The Lawyer: Oh yeah. It was off the hook! (Wow. He already knows OTH? I'm sooo old.)

Me: What was your favorite part? (Yep, I'm always trying to quantify my kids' happiness for a web of of guilt ridden reasons.)

The Laywer: Tug-o-Peace! I loved it.

Me: What, honey? I can't hear you. Let me turn down the music. Say it again ...

The Lawyer: I said Tug-o-Peace. TUG O PEACE! 'Know what I mean? You played it when you had field day in school too, right?

Me: Tug-o-Piece ... Hmmm. I don't get it. Are you trying to tell me your class ate two pieces of ... uh ... two-piece meals of some kind on field day?! Was it a two-piece chicken meal? Lucky!

The Lawyer: No, no, NO! You aren't understanding me. I said Tug-o-Peace. The other kind is too violent. The old game that old people used to play ... I think it was called Tug-o-War.

Me: Oh. I stand corrected. You're right. Tug-o-War is so yesterday.

The Lawyer: Uh huh. The teacher said we were "pulling for peace."

What other innocent children's games can we politically correct? You've got to love charter schools. Crazy.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Call me crazy but I would guess they don't play Smear the Queer anymore!! Wasn't that just an effed up form of dodge ball?
one love

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger ewe are here said...

Pulling for peace? Seriously?! Ugh.

I hear dodgeball's been banned in loads of schools. And tag, so no one has to be 'it'. Sigh.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger jeanie said...

In that case, catch'n'kiss would be long gone, I suppose...

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Wow, you folks in California are so politically correct. We still have Tug-o-War in these here parts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home