Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Slackstress Vlog: Sticks are the New Pet Rocks

Sticks rock. Stones, well, they ARE rocks already, so they don't do jack. I suppose they roll, but I digress in a really cheesy, lame brain kind of way. Deal.

Yep, I'm officially an old-fashioned mom-tool because I think plain old sticks are hotter toys than Nintendo's enormously popular Wii Play.

And nature provides a shapely, frighteningly jagged array of sticks, twigs and branches for no-attention-span, bored for no friggin' reason children at no - zip, zilch, zero - cost to their no-patience, strapped for time and play time creativity soul-sucked parents.

Today I lost my wallet (again - oh airhead snap!), so Slackstress me and the blondie kids three were up the creek with no dough for entrance to a stuffy local art museum (that might have bored them to tears anyway).

Here, out in the breezy, sunny, salty Southern California air, I learn that the value of simply throwing my wound up spawn trio a stick like little wild doggies is completely underrated.

I say, stick it to yourself when the sun IS shining. Stick with simplicity. Stick with sticks when the terrain gets sticky. Sorry for the cliche train but you're already stuck. That was bad, I know.

Any-whoo, I think you'll agree that fun is always funner (more fun?) when it's FREE (and distracts your hyper three-kid army from blitzkrieg-ing one another into oblivion for more than five whole minutes -- long enough to inhale a Venti latte without aspirating your lungs or burning your kid boo-boo all-better smooching freshly stop sign red lipstick painted lips)!!!

You can't beat the Pacific Ocean view in this quickie vlog either.

Stones are sure to top the Slackstress "it" toy list next when my brood soon outgrows stabbing each other in their beady eyes with randomly strewn by gale force wind sticks.

Stones ... hmmm ... simple ... free and DANGEROUS, even a desperate weapon of choice in, gee, well, some perpetually war-torn parts of the world.

I think I'll stick to sticks after all.

11 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger Domestic Slackstress said...

Slap this youtube link to yet more vlog-a-licious stick action featuring my three wee ones ... more fun than you can shake a, well you know the rest. I couldn't resist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5avNOlHkhk

 
At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ur funnie! I saw that you somehow (?!?) found my blog (mommystimeout.com) and sadly, no, I haven't been updating my blog b/c iweb won't open b/c I have maxed out my ibook's memory with pics and itunes, etc. i'm trying, trying, trying to delete... burn disks, etc..... maybe someday, I love doing the blog thing, but it also really cuts into my sleep time. sigh... wish I could fold laundry whilst blogging.
my parents are 2000 miles away, so I sympathize. inlaws are 10 minutes away, and sometimes helpful, but my mom-in-law is also known to say how she had three kids and no help, not even from her husband, so I should do it myself. Bah!
cheers! i'll check back some time.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Liv said...

All I can ask is why on earth you would even entertain staying indoors with a beach so nearby. Can one ever get tired of beautiful weather and an ocean? Call me when you're landlocked!!

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger crazymumma said...

looks like fun but who is the awesomely in shape gloved one?

 
At 4:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

throw in some mud and we've got ourselves a party.

thanks for visiting my blog!

 
At 5:04 AM, Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Sticks are WAY better. Free is better.

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Da Mommy said...

I like free. And hell, it's all fun and games til someone pokes their eye out, right?? Soon you can move on into creeks and tall trees (to fall into the former and out of the latter!). I really enjoy you vlog....

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Autumn's Mom said...

I'm happy to say my kid would rather be in a tree than in front of a video game on most days ;) Thanks for the visit. I don't have any secrets (other than my binge eating). I eat when I'm lonely and bored. Which is most nights. When I'm too emotional, I usually can't eat a thing. I have to go to meetings every week otherwise I can't stay on track.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

I think we can find some sticks around here...

that and a beach ball (sans beach, I know) but that's really all we need!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

K, just catching up on all your Vlogs. They're great. It makes me feel normal. Our kids are the same age, and I can completely relate to all your posts! Licking the shopping cart? check. Running an hour late for school? check. Two school days? check.

Life is crazy, but it's so nice to know I'm not alone! Thanks for sharing.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Iris said...

I am absolutely dying watching your videos.....I could so be your friend and just hang out with you in your minivan eating junk food and playing with sticks.

ROCK ON!!! Oh, I apologize for that, was lame......*S*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home