Friday, January 12, 2007

Two Peas in a Pod ... For Now at Least

Egads! What sorcery is this?

Instead of hocking a loogey in her fair face or punching her out, Cheeks is calmly "reading" a naptime book to his baby sister Pigtails. Mark it down for the record books.

"Lay down, sweetie," he just cooed in her direction. Could this be real? "Be good fo your big brudder now, k?"

Wait. I hear loose change jingling. I knew it couldn't last forever. At least they're still getting along and not using one another for two-foot punching bags.

They're dumping their piggy banks and enthusiastically telling each other "You're rich! Rich! RICH!"

Ah, ignorance is bliss. Little do they know just this morning I replaced a few quarters, dimes and nickels I looted earlier in the week for groceries and gas.

"Looks like you skip your nap now, honey," Cheeks just informed Pigtails. Really? So glad to be in the loop on his executive decision.

My miniature dynamic duo woke up simultaneously smiling and eager to be my helpers today. So far, we've stripped the tree of its homemade and Kmart issue ornaments and half blown lights, at least the pilfered ones the kids didn't tuck away in the corners of their play room. We hauled our dried out, shedding Douglas fir across the living room floor and out the door. Next came a massive vacuum job, which involved lots of vacuum belly raspberries and funky, air sucked hairdos.

Hang on. I have toss a wet blanket on my two youngest ones' newly kindled friendship. Time to break up their smashing party in the bathroom. Pigtails is cheering Cheeks through a poop like a rowing couch. "Go, go, GOOOO, brudder! You can do it!" She's echoing my cheers from her short lived potty success this morning.

"Holy stinky poop, doooood (dude)" Pigtails just proclaimed from inside of the drained, damp toy infested bathtub. "I've never eat that poop. Can I eat it?"

"Nope," answered Cheeks. "Eat your own poop, grossy!"

What the hell is going on in there?

It should be interesting to see if Cheeks is as enamored with his new sister-buddy when we pick his big brother Mouth up from kindergarten at 2 o'clock.

3 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Blogger Iris said...

Nothing like a good old poop post to bring out the commentors........*LOL*

You Rock!!!!!

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger BigDaddyGonzoVents said...

First I would like to say I'm sorry about being a lurker as I have been so busy I havn't had a lot of time latley to post comments.

Potty training with my daughter has proved to be a challenge.

 
At 2:27 AM, Blogger mad muthas said...

i do most fervently wish i was a fly on the wall (or maybe even round for coffee) at your lace this morning. sounds fantastic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home