Sunday, January 07, 2007

Off to Touch Sharks

All I've got today is a terse Sunday report.

Right now the kids are converting their bunk bed into a pirate ship/lair. You'd be amazed how carried away they can get with the contents of their dress-up drawer. Works for me. Now I can finish my make up and get ready to move the brood to the Long Beach Aquarium.

The Tower, my husband, took Pigtail Sprite over to his brother's to watch the New England Patriots vs. rival New York Jets. His mood eventually depends on how well a bunch of padded muscle bound, overpaid, grunting guys perform in the hour or two. Lucky me.

We had our 3-year-old nephew over this weekend for his first sleep over. Overall it went okay, except for the part where I stayed up with him for 2.5 hours talking about his "The Vader" toys and his baby sister pounding on his bedroom door when he wants to play alone or with other "big kid" friends.

Actually, I kind of enjoyed our late night chat. With three kids of my own and his sister in the mix, I never get any one-on-one time with my nephew during our play dates and family get-togethers. I got to know him a bit better and the bags under my eyes that still drag my face down today were worth it.

Last night we had my 9-year-old niece over for yet another sleep over. She's so easy because she's so much older and very mature. I seldom have to worry about much in the way of sharing battles and "I had it first" b.s. with her around. I met my sister to pick her up at Downtown Disney. I'd never been there before. Basically it's an upscale mall with a few entertainment venues (ESPN Sports Zone, etc.), anchored by a massive Disney Store.

We ventured out this morning in our jammies for donuts and coffee. Next we're off to the Aquarium, if I can ever finish my face. Finally, we'll head up the 405 to meet my sister to drop off my niece. She and my eldest Maestro of Mouth are heading back for their first day of full-day school since Christmas vaca.

Now you have my mundane weekend update. Hopefully I'll close out this busy weekend by finishing a chapter of my book. Otherwise I would have set a procrastination record.

Thanks to all those who commented on my last post, helping me see that those a-holes at it2m are no one to sweat.

4 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice, at least you got some things accomplished. I sat around in my own stentch all of Saturday, when I should have been doing laundry...felt like curling in a ball and sleeping. Last night could not get to sleep, I think it's a pregnancy thing, so today I dragged my rear to church and then attempted a nap, much to my dismay it failed. Baby woke up too early, although hubby lets me sleep, that little Beast is Loud!!!! Now I'm attempting making some poor excuse for spaghetti, and doing some blogging. Exhausted!!! I am exhausted!!

 
At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont let them get to you, your doing just fine.
Go Pats!

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad

 
At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep, what he said...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home