Saturday, October 07, 2006

Daddy's Wake Up Call From Hell

*I made a mistake and deleted the video of my three kids and their eldest cousin banging loud instruments in vain to wake up their sleeping like a rock daddy. Sorry. I'll re-post the vid. when I get a chance. At least the text still exists:

My "Evil, Cacaphonic Kid Wake-up Call from Hell" technique surpasses the super charged caffeine power of a Venti double, triple, gazillion shot Starbucks latte.

It also happens to be more action than my bed has seen in recent days, since I started compulsively tag-team PTO/storytime volunteering at both of my sons' schools. Mega mama overtiredness = anti-aphrodisiac.

Lies. All lies. This technique actually blows. It entertains the kids for a few split seconds and achieves little else. In fact, my husband didn't actually wake up. How does he do it (sleep through it)? He tells me that when he was a preschool Navy brat in Japan he slept through a whopping 6.8 earthquake.

I can think of a few alternative techniques to wake him up but I'm always too tired to employ them.

2 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Blogger Domestic Slackstress said...

He'll never do ANYTHING until he's ready. Stubborn as all heck!

Aiden's just the same about waking up now that school has started. Yes, the sleep gene has passed on!

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFLMBO!!! that was too funny!! I would not have a good sense of humor about that if my hubby and my kids did that to me!! haha. I can't believe he wasn't even moving!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home