Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Breathtaking Birth of Baby Newbie

This morning at 5:30, on the dewy windshield way home from playing labor coach at my friend's impressively graceful birth, I noticed an anonymous quote on a mug at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. It captured my first experience cutting an umbilical cord and witnessing the birth of a new soul of other than one of my own:

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away."

More on baby Newbie's 3 a.m. introduction to the world following a long, restorative hibernation. My husband skipped astronomy class last night and took the day off of work today so I can catch up on my z's.

Hopefully I'll wake in time for The Maestro of Mouth's first NFL flag football game.

"My mom will give you a check for the uniform later," Aiden, 5, confidently informed his coach. He's the only kindergarten shorty among much bigger, taller third, fourth and fifth graders. I had no idea he'd joined the team until I saw him eagerly doing laps around the field behind the others at their first practice. Nice going, outgoing Aiden!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home