Monday, January 29, 2007

Just One Scream Free Night

Cheeks is crying in his sleep again. His legs are spotted with hives. I've never seen it this bad. Damn dust mites.

He doesn't want me, though. He wants his daddy, so here I am for the time being. It should be a matter of seconds before he wakes his sister up and I'm needed in her room. Yup, thar she blows.

I found Pigtails dangling asleep halfway down her bed, mid-descent. Apparently she nodded off while trying to get out of bed, presumably to come to my bed. Next I went into Cheeks room, where I craned my neck as close as possible to his upper bunk, threaded a clump of my hair between the wooden slats and let him paw at it until he fell back asleep.

Just now I was going to say that my hair is better than the sandman's magic sleep dust ... Can't finish my sentence. Both are back up and wailing in unison. Crap.

Cheeks is hysterical. I guess I'll have to tell you about the Rosemary Gladstar homemade herbal pink eye/conjunctivitis poultice/cure I whipped up for the goopy-eyed kids, the husband and myself tonight. I had a whole posting planned about how I'm resorting to home remedies for sickness for a number of unpleasant reasons. But I'm making the best of it, and it's even fun in a makeshift science lab kind of way.

I also wanted to write tonight about how Cheeks' older brother cleaned his head laceration after I could hardly stomach doing it again, especially now that he had his staples out. Seems we have a budding doctor in the house.

Screams are blasting from Cheeks' room again. Better go before he wakes his brother too.

6 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger OhTheJoys said...

When some people talk about how well their children sleep, I just want to SMACK them.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Jeni said...

parenthood, huh?

so much fun.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger you da mom! said...

i'm tired now!

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Em said...

DS, sounds like one hell of a night! I am crossing my fingers that your night tonight is much better!

 
At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the kid wanting his daddy is something I can so relate to! The girl is an equal opportunity offspring but the boy is always partial to daddy... and I feel for ya! We have gone through similar drama during the past 3 1/2 weeks that chickenpox has reared its ugly head into our lives so... stay strong!

I am signing in as anonymous because for some reason it won't let me sign in with my name!

So 'tis me! Mizzy B!

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

OH I feel the pain of sleepless nights. the dilemna, let him cry it out so you can get some sleep (possibly waking the others) or bring him in bed with you (keeping you up all night)?

hope you found SOME time to rest...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home