Thursday, April 05, 2007

Spoofed on YouBoob

There's nothing quite like art imitating life. Then there's nothing like art imitating YOUR life.

(I wouldn't exactly call YouTube art. In the majority of cases I wouldn't call YouTube art at all. I'm tired and trying to draw an intelligible comparison but likely am failing. You'll see where I'm going with this in a second, I hope.)

Last night, right before midnight when I was ready to crash for the night, I checked my YouTube page and found a college student's video response to my mindless "yoga flatulence" video, a useless vlog I did for shits and giggles. Nothing more.

Well, this girl has me down. She does me better than me. Scary.

It's bizarre to be spoofed/under-studied. She swears she isn't making fun of me, that it's for a legitimate college class that examines human behavior. I actually believe her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ6mSjWLioU

Who knows?

This is what's on my mind as I wake my house up for the day ...

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

That is scarily weird indeed.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Domestic Slackstress said...

Yeah - I started the YouTube thing at the suggestion of a friend who works at a TV network. Otherwise, I never would have made the vids. People have responded to my vlogs about not letting my kids wear too much trademarked merchandise/clothes by calling me a "whore," "cunt," "bitch," and "unfit mom." YouTube seems like a weak forum for self-absorbed people ... It's amazing how cruel people can be when they comment on videos. Would they have the gall to sling hurtful names and epithets like that if they didn't have the safety of distance and anonymity?

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Mama Sarita said...

wow, that was crazy.

I have typed about 4 different responses, but really, I've got nothing.

I'm sorry anyone said any of the crap to you. That was one of the first vlog's of yours I saw, and I loved it because I feel just the same.

Unfit mothers unite!

 
At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was super creepy. I didn't even watch her whole thing. Weirdo.

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woah, she did well.

I thought of you a few weeks back when I was doula'ing a birth. My client had a nice good toot while she was relaxing into a contraction and I TOTALLY thought of you and almost lost it. Damn you.

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Liv said...

That bitch has you nailed.

Seriously, I do wonder who/why anyone goes to the lengths they go to in order to say unkind/unnecessary/flat fucking mean things about anyone, much less a hip and cool blogger such as yourself.

ewww...

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger aMom2E said...

I loved your video! Regardless of the school project thing, it was just great on its own.

I am e-mailing it my mother. It will make her laugh out loud.

We all need to laugh more. Thank you for giving us a great opportunity to relate, laugh with you (not at--WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE! You are just brave enough to actually share--That's AWESOME!), and smile!

 
At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just watched part of her video and the 50% that I saw was word perfect wasn't it? I agree--weird!

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Charlotta-love said...

You know you have made it big when your videos are being imitated. :o)

 
At 4:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting - and weird. (her, i mean, not you) looks like she's done that with loads of different vloggers and got herself soundly bitchslapped for it! (you're right about youtube comments, btw. lotta rage out there!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home