Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Running Off Thanksgiving Feast Before I Even Eat It

Wish me luck tomorrow. Along with my cousin, close girlfriend and brother-in-law, I'll be running my first mini-marathon/race called the Long Beach, Calif. Turkey Trot.

turkey_trot

I started training back in April. I'm excited and nervous. I kept on minimizing the race, referring to it as only 5K and merely three miles until my cousin, who will run the event's 10K portion, convinced me to stop.

"I'm so proud of you for participating at all," she said, as we drove to the shore to preregister an hour or so ago. "At least you are running this in the first place."

Not bad for a busy mom of three, if I do say so myself.

Here's to hoping I actually run the entire race. No stopping to walk and leisurely suck on my camel water pack like a pacified baby. I would relish finishing faster than someone in particular. Tee, hee, hee.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving. Think of me huffing and puffing down the Pacific shoreline, hopefully quite speedily. Send me all the good vibes you can. I'll need them.

Thanks, hubster supreme, for yet again taking the reins, taking the kids and taking care of T-day. I know you'll knock all 15 or so of our guests out with your flourless chocolate cake and homemade oyster cornbread experiment.

9 Comments:

At 6:40 AM, Blogger Iris said...

Good on ya!!! I admire such discipline in other human beings.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

wow, in honor of your hard work, I am going to take a Thanksgiving Day nap!!

good luck!

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger karrie said...

Good luck today! Happy Thanksgiving!

Oyster cornbread....Mmmm! I adore all things oyster--made a weird oyster dish just for me today, actually.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger mad muthas said...

excellent girl! don't forget to wear your good bra ... yeah, you know what i'm talking about.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Lil said...

Good Luck (am I too late??)!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and your words of wisdom! Chakra alignment is something I need to improve on...and one of the things that I will get back in balance. BTW, if you'd like to borrow a couple of the latest Sage Woman, I can send 'em to you - I love them and don't miss an issue (thanks to last years b-day gift from my man)

Lil

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Girlplustwo said...

rock it out sister. rock it out.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Happy, happy and good luck!

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Mad said...

Ohhh I used to go in a lot of those "fun runs" when I was less of an old-gal. They can be so addictive. Enjoy the endorphins that will surely flow freely.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger ewe are here said...

Wow. My knees hurt just thinking about it.

So, how'd it go?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home