Sunday, November 12, 2006

Cars on DVD - a $19.99 One-Time Fee Baby Sitter

Hey, at least I admit when I use the TV as a babysitter.

The kids, minus napping Pigtail Sprite, 2, are engaging in yet more Lightning McQueen worship while watching Cars for the umpteenth time this weekend.

I'm on a neglectful mom kick today. I can't promise I won't allow them to hit "play" again after the last credit rolls for Cars.

I even let them feed themselves breakfast this morning (three-day old sugar-junk filled donuts) after I inexplicably woke up cold and alone in my daughter's bed. She was in bed spooning my husband in our bed. I also vaguely recall sleeping in my 3-year-old son's bed last night too. Go figure. The mystical, sleep-magical game of Musical Beds is a hard habit to break when you are pathetically desperate for sleep, rejuvinating sleep.

I'm the bad mommy who sneaked off with a friend to yoga today and sneaked off to a mini shopping spree yesterday. My husband's practically had all three kids all weekend. I confess. I haven't been pulling my weight, especially not while training so much for a mini-marathon coming up soon on Turkey Day. When all is said and done after my race, I might be the turkey who needs a fork put in it, following by a good stuffing. I go pretty nicely with gravy.

Delirious today after a hard-ass yoga class. Check back for hopefully more coherence and an actually topic-focused blog posting tomorrow. In the meantime, what's your "filthy confession" for today? Set yourself free over at Filthy Confessions.

8 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Blogger KELLI BELLY said...

We just watched Cars for the first time last night. What a cool flick. I hear you about not getting sleep. My two year old just learned to climb out of her crib. She's been sleeping in my other daughters bed until we get her a toddler bed. She'd much rather be in our bed though. Both of them would. My poor husband falls asleep on the couch downstairs not knowing who will be in his bed when he returns to it. It kinda puts a damper on the baby making!

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Crunchy Carpets said...

We went one better and rented the Cars game for the whole weeks.

Alll week loooooooong.
That and the Jaws one...I don't know if a four year old should be pretending to be a man eating shark...ah what ev.

And yeah...hubs has been staying up late so he gets to sleep in Adams bed which is usually vacated by him in the middle of the night to join me and the dog.

Caity has been loving her bed but when she does wake she is wandering around looking for someone!

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

Ahhh, so I'm not the only Cars-for-President mom?! My son loves LOVES this movie. Who am I to get in the way of his happiness?

; )

and musical beds should be the name of my blog, however some scumbag would google that and be poorly disappointed!!

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

oh! and i just noticed your "birthing from within" link- tell me you didn't attend one of her classes?! I might be so jealous that I'd puke all over your blog...

I bought the book, read the book, gave birth "by the book" (again with the oxymoronisms), and I recommend the book to every pregnant woman I know!! (and some that I don't! hee hee)

 
At 6:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just know that when I finally get off my arse to buy 'Cars' the same thing will be going down here at my house! Oh well, our kids can't have the A+ mom all of the time - just like we can't have the A+ kids all of the time.
I'm sure hubby will understand if you need to ease up a little. Things always balance themselves out.....
By the way, my husband & I were rolling, laughing at your comment over my way about the markers up your kids' nostrils. TOO funny!

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My co-worker told me recently that one of the best memories of her childhood was the time her parents let them (she and her 3 sisters)eat ice cream for dinner. Though not on the food pyramid, it seems like breaking the routine can be a good thing.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Sandra said...

My son is obsessed with Cars.

And musical beds ... I hear ya.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Janean said...

Ahhh, at least I know I'm not alone in using the TV To catch some time to catch up! Or blog...LOL! :D
Did the same thing this weekend...went to a conference Thurs. Fri AND Sat. and left MG with the kids. Well, except for Saturday when he went hunting. Still...I'll share your guilt. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home