Saturday, October 21, 2006

Yet More Unsettling Alleged Pedophile Debate

I'm postivie I don't want 8cm Deluded to be the ongoing hot spot for unsettling pedophilia debate, but I'm pleased my recent "blogging fears" post apparently sparked/fueled a personal/mom blog privacy debate that I think we should all consider.

Below are the latest comments from two alleged and self-proclaimed pedophiles that continue popping up on my blog.

If you wish, follow the debate between Pissed Off Dad and the two alleged pedophiles who apparently know each other.

Oddly enough, the first pedophile who openly admitted visiting my site and left comments to prove it said he is going out of town for a few days and "assigned" a pal pedophile of his to respond to Pissed Off Dad. Goodness. I didn't know alleged pedophiles were so organized. Their unity and numbers in the blogosphere are frightening.

Here are the comments I think all mom bloggers should read, (and perhaps weep) and then act accordingly by modifying or not modifying their blogs as they see fit:


BLueRibbon said...
First of all, you assume that it is unnatural to be sexually attracted to children. Do you have any idea of how many people are sexually attracted to children?Secondly, why is it harmful to have an attraction which is perceived to be "unnatural"?
11:42 AM
Anonymous said...
I understand where blueribbon is attempting to go with all of this, and I too agree that there is no such thing as an unnatural though or a bad though, we can not control all of our thoughts. HOWEVER, when action comes into play, then we have a different story. No matter how innocent you think you are being, the moment when your thought becomes actions you are committing an illegal and immoral act that causes major damage to the child. I have read some of his blogs and information and despite his plea that there is no sexual contact, that doesn't mean there isn't sexual tension, innuendos or advances, all of which are damaging to a child. There is no justification for a Pedophilia, despite how many people may have these “unnatural thoughts”. Two hundred years ago a significant amount of people owned slaves, doesn’t mean it was right.When you (blueribbon) talk about pedophilia, you should about it as a disease, a disease most likely caused most likely by a similar event in your childhood to the ones you fantasy about. How did it make you feel when you were molested? Is this a feeling in which you wish others to experience? If so why, so people can share in your pain, so people can better understand the horrors of a childhood that haunt you as an adult? Why do you want to perpetuate pain and suffering? Pedophilia is a mental illness in which you need to seek treatment for, it is NOT a personality quark that we have to learn to get use to.
1:49 PM

BLueRibbon said...
anonymous,You can quote the stereotypes and the common beliefs, but they're bunk.I don't make sexual advances and suggesting that I would is saying "You would act on your attractions if you had the chance to". I've explained why I won't act on them. It's posted on my blog in the comments for the latest post.I wasn't molested when I was younger. That's an old theory and it's not reliable.I don't have any intention of abusing children.... I am as able to prevent myself from "touching" a child as (I assume) you are able to prevent yourself from raping an adult. Despite what you claim, paedophilia has the same traits as a sexual orientation, regardless of what the APA defines it as. Obviously my fantasies would be inappropiate if I acted on them, but I don't act on them, which is why my orientation isn't harmful. Do you get the point?You can't "cure" paedophilia and I'm not going to try. How can you expect anyone to tell a doctor that they're a paedophile when they'll be treated like a child molester?People who hate paedophiles often suggest "therapy", without realizing that the attitudes towards paedophiles are the main reason that many people don't seek therapy. Society has created its own perceived hell."There is no justification for a Pedophilia, despite how many people may have these “unnatural thoughts”. Two hundred years ago a significant amount of people owned slaves, doesn’t mean it was right."This is a typical quote from people who hate paedophiles. "Somebody performed this action [owning slaves in your example], so this thought is wrong."You need to understand the difference between thoughts and actions and until you do, you won't understand what I'm saying.I won't have access to a computer for at least a couple of days, so don't expect any quick responses. Some other paeds will debate with you.
9:37 PM
Nihil_Aeturnius said...
As per my modus operandi, let me refute point by point."I have read some of his blogs and information and despite his plea that there is no sexual contact, that doesn't mean there isn't sexual tension, innuendos or advances, all of which are damaging to a child." Can you please specify what you mean by "damaging"? It's a word that's tossed around a lot without any real meaning."There is no justification for a Pedophilia, despite how many people may have these “unnatural thoughts”. Two hundred years ago a significant amount of people owned slaves, doesn’t mean it was right."Completely different scenarios. In the institution of slavery, people were denied their freedom to act according to their will. Pedophilia does not do that - in most instances, the relationship is mutual. "When you (blueribbon) talk about pedophilia, you should about it as a disease, a disease most likely caused most likely by a similar event in your childhood to the ones you fantasy about. How did it make you feel when you were molested? Is this a feeling in which you wish others to experience? If so why, so people can share in your pain, so people can better understand the horrors of a childhood that haunt you as an adult? Why do you want to perpetuate pain and suffering? Um...but BLueRibbon never HAD any sexual contact with adults as a child. You are assuming (based on the ravings of quack psuedo-psychologists on TV) that every pedophile has been molested in their youth."Pedophilia is a mental illness in which you need to seek treatment for, it is NOT a personality quark that we have to learn to get use to."A mental illness? No, no, I'm perfectly sane. I am not going to be hurting a child anytime soon, so I feel no need to seek ineffectual "treatment". And pedophilia is not a personality quirk - it is an intrinsic part of my nature.
9:40 PM

6 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger m said...

I guess there's a reason why sex with animals is legal in Sweden. Better a goat, than a child. And judging from their writing, some people NEED a goat! Pronto!

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Domestic Slackstress
Surely you can see where this is going.
You must find a way to block out all the sick f---- and get back to writing about you and the kids.
Your blog is interesting and informative even if I dont agree with you on the guns and war issue.
Speaking of guns, I own a few and my cure for these sick fellows would be to shoot them in the balls and be done with it.
Hope I did'nt embarrased you too much but I am who I am.
I love you.
Dad

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger mad muthas said...

my dear girl - i can see this dialogue has gone in a direction you never wanted it to and i can sense your discomfort yet also your feeling that this is so important, it can't be ignored. to me this is proof of your unflinching integrity, which i've admired from reading your posts. BUT you're getting sucked into something that you should avoid at all costs for your own peace of mind. your blog shouldn't be a forum for the self justification of paedophiles. you will never be able to see eye to eye with these people. they view the world in a fundamentally different way to you and me. giving them a soapbox is not what you are about here. i feel your dad is right when he says you should filter out their opinions and not let them impinge on what you want to do. there are many awful and uncomfortable things in the world and you simply can't fight all of them. if you try to, you will make yourself very unhappy. live your life - do the right thing - write your blog - and while i wouldn't suggest that we pretend these things don't exist, let's not allow them to block out the sun. take the sensible precautions you were discussing previously - but don't let these people affect you any further.
warmest hugs and support from far off uk
x

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Domestic Slackstress said...

I couldn't agree with you more. The hug was great, thanks. On Monday, I hope, I will have a completely unrelated, more domestic slackstress-ish post that hopefully will be funny and informative on a happier topic. Celebrating my 2-year-old's birthday and visitors from afar are keeping me busy at the moment. Take care.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Mad said...

Jesus, jesus, jesus. I can't believe this is happening. It feels that with Bitacle and commenting pedophiles and any number of Internet ickies, free discourse among mothers is being seriously compromised. I do not want to endager my family but I do not want to be silenced either.

Oh my, oh my, oh my...

My thoughts go out to you right now and to all other parent bloggers.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Girlplustwo said...

mother of god.

i had to leave this and go back a few times before commenting now...it bothered me so. and then i came back to lend my voice in applause for you - because you took the more courageous route and put it out there, for all of us to learn from, and i am betting further giving it light was the harder road.
. bravo, sister.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home