Sunday, October 15, 2006

Bloggers Unite - Ban Bitacle the Imposter

"Oh, God. That's horrible. Heads would roll if that were me. I'm glad I'm not the one."

Stop Them Before They Get You
That's what I said to myself moments ago after reading Plain Jane Mom's scathing post about Bitacle stealing her entire blog, then making dirty money off of her obviously ripped off words by unscrupulously injecting it with their own Google ads. Bitacle swiped ALL of her content, including photos of her kids and anything and everything she's ever written on her blog, all without asking for her explicit permission.

My next thought: My blog is such a newborn (six weeks old give or take a few days) that there's no way Bitacle would have leeched any of my content, which is partially (that is partially until I know better - bummer) licensed to ME and ONLY ME.

Turns out Bitacle did it to ME too!

Sure enough, those plagiarising punks have ALL of my content. EVERYTHING. See what I mean while I seethe here.

These days it's hard to keep track of all of the mom blogs Bitacle has ruthlessly stolen. As Plain Jane Mom so patiently listed, Bitacle has pilfered Motherhood Uncensored, Suburban Turmoil, Friday Playdate, and who knows how many more blogs ... and growing by the second.

Can Bitshit (a nicer cut-down name than several choice f-word others I've heard bantied about) be stopped? If so, how? And what can I do to help nab their thieving asses and force them to keep their distance from my ink? Yeah, you heard that? MINE. MINE. MINE.

If my tired eyes weren't this bloodshot at what is now 3:14 a.m., I'd rip Bitacle a new one on this post and ignite a firestorm of nastygrams b-lining straight toward their deceiving inbox direction.

Instead I'm going to break the age-old Cardinal rule and go to bed angry ... steaming ... incensed ... outraged ... pissed ... you get it. Now please let's do something about it, fellow ripped off mom bloggers.

Tomorrow I'll start fresh and itching for a fight when I better know my enemy thanks to Plain Jane Mom's post all about anti-Bitacle hotlinking. Also, I plan to pay a much needed visit to stopbitacle.org to hook 8 Cm Deluded up with a big, glaring, red Stop Bitacle button.

How dare Bitacle! Shame and depleted Karma all around.

7 Comments:

At 5:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They have all my stuff too. I blocked their IP address and am now waiting to see if they get any new stuff. I am game for any united front! Let's chase them out of our playground for good!

 
At 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crap. They have two of my entries. I'm off to check out stopbitacle right now.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Love your writing.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Erika Jurney said...

Hey there, isn't bitacle great? Another awful thing they do is let folks leave comments. On their site. Ick.

If you want more fodder for your bichacle gun, feel free to try out the stuff at http://plainjanemom.com/tag/bitacle/ -- IP blocking never worked for me, but this other stuff did. Good luck!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger mad muthas said...

how do you know if they're using your stuff? i went along to their site and there was a kind of search engine thing and - right nuff - they had a few of my things, but the posts still looked like mine - same name and everything. maybe i should be offended they don't want my stuff - waaaah! actually, i don't make any money out of it, but i know some people do and the bastids shouldn't be able to rip people off like that

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Lucia said...

I don't quite know how to figure out how they're using stuff either. This really has me so furious! Part of me doesn't want to know, because if I know, I'll wind up spending time on trying to stop it.

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger cinnamon gurl said...

yeah, when I go there I just get links back to my own blog. A few weeks ago they did indeed have some of my content within their site but I suspect they've stopped doing that (because of all the furor -- good job) and are more just a search engine/aggregator.

When I went to the link you provided saying they had stolen your stuff, I only saw a series of links to your blog, like if I searched on google.

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What "stealing" of content are you talking about ?
If you stop RSS feeds and put a robots.txt file on your root to ban the bitaclebot, nothing will be "stolen" !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home