Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I'm Cramming for the Convoluted California Vote - Sex Offenders Tracked by GPS? Parental Consent for Teen Daughter's Abortions?

(*Finally, a wholesome 8cmdeluded topic not centered on love(making), marriage and next comes baby in a baby carriage. Oh, and who could forget (you wish you could) the duo of freaky placentas buried out front? I was on an over-the-top roll for a while there. I plan to brew some better topics in the coming days.)

vote
Vote, mamas, vote! Pretty please?

BRING YOUR KIDS TO VOTE - THUMBSUCKIN' AT THE POLLS
Hopefully my 2-year-old daughter will nap long and hard like a hibernating bear today so I can make (eleventh-hour crammed) educated decisions at the California polls.

In the next few hours, between laundry, dishes, dinner prep and two (brother) school pick ups, I will decide as to whether or not it's a good thing for the parents of a pregnant minor to be notified before she goes through with an abortion. (Prop 85)

YES ON BIG BROTHER GPS FOR SEX OFFENDERS
Thankfully I don't have to study my sample ballot long to know where I stand on Prop 83, "Sex Offenders, Sexually Violent Predators, Punishment, Resident Restrictions and Monitoring, Initiative Statute.” This is the controversial California ballot measure that would “Prohibit residence (of sex offenders and sexually violent predators) near schools and parks.”

Furthermore, the measure, if passed, would “Require Global Positioning System monitoring of registered sex offenders.” Now there’s a high-tech Big Brother project I could get behind, without my usual consideration of personal rights, civil liberties and freedom.

Has the ACLU jumped all over this one? I’m out of the loop. Radio Disney AM 1110 in the minivan doesn’t count towards political consciousness. It is the bubble gum equivalent of musical unconsciousness and only encourages unrefined musical taste in my three-kid captive minivan audience. But, hey, it keeps 'em quiet while I weave in and out of traffic.

I say go Martha Stewart-style on the twisted, kid-preying bastards. Slap a hefty ankle bracelet on them and keep the hell away from my kids' schools and public parks. GPS sounds good to me.


EARNESTLY DRAGGING MY THREE WHIPPER SNAPPERS TO THE POLLS
Tune in tomorrow, a few hours after I’ve cast my ballot at the polls in the neighbor’s garage down the street. I plan on revealing how I voted on each California ballot measure, in case anyone cares.

I make a point of bringing my children to the polls with me time and again so they can first-hand witness their mama doing my civic duty. I want them to know that complaining about the state of your city, state, country and world is a sad, sorry state, unless you strike out at the polls and let your gripes be counted properly. I also drag them to peace rallies when I feel it's safe enough.
Hopefully my kids, ages 5, 3 and 2, won’t go around shouting “Go ahead. Make me LOSE!” in crappy eastern european accents like I jubilantly did while pouring milk into their honey nut cereal this morning.

Now get off this blog and vote, would ‘ya?

8 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dragged Ian to the polls as well today. I wish we lived in a state that has kids cast a pretend ballot as well. What a great way to educate kids to vote.

p.s. I ran into Mama and Papa deluded at Target the other day. Now I just need to see you sometime soon!

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess we taught you right after all, now if only I could get you to vote my way, hey.
Kidding.
Great thing about this country is you can VOTE any way you want and you can criticize and u wont get shot.
Proud Dad.

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

LMAO! I'm right there with ya on the 11th hour cram session/ decision making. I pick my three top issues, and vote that way. There is no "straight across the board" political party for me.

My issues? Abortion and Womens Rights (not saying one way or the other, it gets complicated when I discuss this issue). Education. Special Needs Children and Funding.

I was lucky enough to have a friend in town so I could leave my threekidsaster at home (WHEW!) It would have been too hard to concentrate between yelling "Knockitoff you three" and shaking a two year old off my leg.

More information than you wanted, but hey--I voted.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger KELLI BELLY said...

I left my youngin's at home while I voted thanks to a neighbor. Heck yeah, I think parents need to be notified! I would want to be notified if it were my child. Thats just me though. I would hate to think that I was that detached from my minor child. Sorry :0) Just thought I'd add my two cents :0)

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Sandra said...

If only they had that big brother technology here in the great white north! Smart, smart, smart.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Girlplustwo said...

a sister, we are doing it...finally. 85 was a whopper. and i am so thrilled about 1C.

and the senate is next.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Iris said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting.

I agree with you on the voting thing, if you don't vote, don't complain. That is what I like to teach my kids too.

 
At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

completely YES on 83, i posted on it too! anything to help our children, FOR FOR FOR, always.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home